1 year ago · Adelaida Abrams · Comments Off on Choosing The Right HVAC Contractor
The heating and air conditioning in your home is something that is often taken for granted, that is of course, until it fails and the system requires service, repair or perhaps complete replacement. When this happens, and without routine maintenance, it probably will, you will need an experienced and qualified company involved in HVAC in Jacksonville Fl to do the work.
The qualities of a good HVAC contractor:
- The contractor will be licensed by the state, insure his personnel by providing workers comp insurance and care for the customers by carrying liability insurance.
- The contractor will be knowledgeable about all the local and state codes and abide by them.
- The contractor will be courteous and prompt. He will attempt to do the work at your convenience, and he will do the work quickly and efficiently.
- The contractor will have the knowledge and skill required to service your existing HVAC in Jacksonville Fl, but if necessary, he will be able to design and install a system ideal for the residence.
- The contractor will be aware of all new technology and up to date on equipment and design technique.
An HVAC system, although made up from common parts and components, is a system uniquely designed to suit the needs of the environment. All the components that are selected by the contractor are assembled to provide a perfectly balanced system, efficient and energy compliant. All the components are matched; including the furnace, coil, condenser, fans and blowers as well as the duct work. Everything is sized properly for maximum efficiency.
There are three primary issues to confront when selecting a HVAC contractor:
Reputation and price: The components that are used in the typical HVAC system are usually compatibly priced regardless of the manufacturer. The difference in quoted prices is often differences in the installation or repair costs. If you are given a quotation which is either very high or very low, these should be viewed with suspicion. Companies that work with HVAC in Jacksonville Fl area are all aware of the local pricing structure, and they vary little. The important thing is to work with a company that is well-established and has a reputation to protect.
The guys with a truck: The contractor whom you want to work with has a fixed place of business and competent staff. There are many handyman types that do not have a fixed place of business; they have a truck, a phone and a few tools. Some of these people may actually be licensed HVAC technicians who are attempting to strike out on their own, but with the numbers who fail, you should attempt to stay away from them because in the future, when you need them for warranty work, they may no longer be around.
If you have HVAC in Jacksonville Fl that needs fast, efficient and reliable service, you are invited to contact Jenkins Heating & Air. They have trained technicians available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to respond to your HVAC requirements.
Visit jenkinsheatingandair.com for more information.